Sometimes, creating and making gifts for a loved one is much more special than clicking ‘buy now’. Taking the time to think about what someone would truly appreciate and would love to receive through their letterbox can be tricky. Luckily, we have some tips for you to create the ultimate gift set that is guaranteed to put a smile on someone’s face. From the loved one who adores a pamper session, the one who needs a bit of a pick me up, or the one who loves to indulge – there’s a letterbox gift for them all!
A letterbox gift comprises of little bits and bobs that can be put in a compact parcel to fit…through the letterbox! This way, you can whittle your gift ideas down to a few things the receiver will love – this saves breaking the bank too! Letterbox gifts are the perfect treat for someone who lives far away. It reminds them that you’re thinking of them too! Here are a variety of themes to choose from:
Relaxing Spa Box
It goes without saying that many of us are guilty of loving a spa night. Whether your quick bath turns into a two-hour soak, or your face mask addiction is getting out of hand – there’s nothing quite like a pamper! So, if one of your friends or family members love to unwind this way, then a spa style letterbox gift might just be the way to go! Here are a few ideas of what you could include:
- Sheet masks – From avocado to shea butter, there are a ton of face masks you can chose from! Perfect for anyone who loves to give their skin some TLC!
- Under eye masks – If your loved one needs a little bit of a boost, then eye masks could be the way to go. They rejuvenate your skin by making you look fresh and glowy – a must have!
- Tealight candles – This is a no brainer! To achieve the ultimate relaxation vibes, then you need candles! Perfect for placing around the bath or placing in holders around your room- pretty and petite!
- Small bath bombs – To spruce up this spa box, why not throw in some bath bombs? A fizzy and fun touch to an average bubbly bath!
Sweet Treats Box
Do you know someone with a major sweet tooth? Then it’s no brainer – you need to create an indulgent sweet treats box! If you fancy taking a trip down memory lane then you could put together a retro sweet box. This could consist of anything from Dip Daps, Rainbow Drops to Drumsticks – and who wouldn’t want to receive that through their letter box!? If the person you’re sending it too have fancier taste buds, then why not try making some macaroons or honeycomb. This way you can spend your time trying out new things and put a smile on someone’s face too!
Many of us are a fan of the classic and old-fashioned things in life. And there’s nothing better than receiving a beautiful bunch of flowers, right? This box might be a little trickier to create, but luckily there is a solution! Dried flowers are the perfect way to ensure that they survive the transit and get to your loved on in one piece! We have some tips for making a delightful dried flower bouquet:
- Choose flowers that are easy to dry e.g. hydrangea, chrysanthemum, rose buds and sunflowers.
- Remove excess foliage and greenery
- Gather the flowers into small bunches and tie them
- Hang them upside down in a dark, cool place for two weeks until petals seem crisp
- Use hairspray to preserve the flowers
- Add dry grass, pampas grass and bunny tail plants for an extra touch
- Wrap and send!
The Pick Me Up Box
If your loved on seems to be in need of a pick-me-up, then this box should come in handy. You want to be able to show them that you care and are thinking about them. And what better way to do this then collecting a bunch of lovely gifts and posting it to them. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fluffy socks – Perfect for cosy, Netflix filled nights!
- Their favourite chocolate – Nothing says ‘I love you’ more than being given your fave chocolate, right?
- Friendship bracelet – If you want to remind your friend that you are thinking of them, then try something sentimental like a bracelet or dainty necklace.
- Hot chocolate gift set – Marshmallows and chocolate – what more could you want?!